Why Do You Need Health Insurance?
If you become sick or injured, a hospital visit could be costly. Without insurance, you may be responsible for the entire bill. A major medical emergency can be covered by health insurance. Serious diseases, accidents, and injuries may need surgeries, treatments, and medication that can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Health Insurance Is The Law
As of January 1, 2014, under the Affordable Car Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, every in the United States must have health insurance coverage. Health insurance that meets Obamacare standards must provide 10 essential health benefits. The next Obamacare enrollment period is November 1, 2017, to January 31, 2018. Documents verifying citizenship, immigration status, and possibly income and confirmation of previous health insurance may also be requested. No coverage may result in a yearly tax penalty. This can be implemented if you do not qualify for an exemption from health insurance or you do not receive free health insurance as Medi-Cal or Medicare.
Rights And Protection Under Obamacare
- Ban on Discriminating Against Kids with Pre-Existing Conditions
- Ban on Insurance Companies Dropping Coverage
- Ban on Insurance Companies Limiting Coverage
- Ban on Insurance Companies Limiting Choice of Doctors
- Ban on Insurance Companies Restricting Emergency Room Care
- Guaranteeing You a Right to Appeal
- Covering Young Adults on Parent’s Plan
- Covering Preventive Care With No Cost
Here are the most common types of healthcare plans:
Types Of Plans:
- Managed Care or HMO Plans - Primary care physicians are within approved insurance network. They can make referrals if needed.
- EPO (Exclusive Provider Organization) Plans - You must use care providers in network of hospitals or pay own bill.
- PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) Plans - Care in and out of network. Prices will increase out of network.
- POS (Point of Service) Plans - Combination of HMO and PPO. You can make referrals to specialists outside of approved network.
HOW DO I GET HEALTH INSURANCE?
Getting insured by one of the experts at A to Z Insurance is easy! We sell insurance at our local offices, online here and over the phone at 1-888-721-2511. Feel free to contact us via the contact section of our website and we will respond as fast as possible. Just want an insurance quote? Click to apply below