Automobile Insurance

A little about AZ first!

As an independent insurance agency, A to Z Insurance provides exceptional service with the most affordable prices. With over 23 years of experience in the Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania area, and five convenient locations in Milford, Georgetown, Dover and Wilmington, A to Z Insurance Agency guarantees a protection plan that will meet specific needs to each of our clients we protect. We also have services that encompass notary stamping and documenting, small business book keeping, financial planning and investing, income tax preparation, community events, web and social media design for new businesses, new business start up plans, translation services, event protection for weddings/concerts and travel/trip planning. 

Coverage information for auto insurance 

Auto insurance provides protection from losses resulting from owning and operating an automobile. The insurance covers losses to the insured's property and losses for which the insured is liable as a result of owning or operating an automobile.

Delaware protects its residents by making it mandatory to carry auto insurance. Protection is provided through a number of coverages:

Bodily Injury: An injury sustained by a person Personal Injury Protection: May pay for your medical treatment, lost wages, or other accident-related expenses regardless of who caused the accident. This coverage is subject to the terms, limits and conditions of your policy contract.

Property Damage Liability Coverage: Pays for damage to someone else's property resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense. This coverage is subject to the terms, limits and conditions of your policy contract.

Collision Insurance

Collision insurance coverage pays for damage caused to your vehicle in an automobile accident, when you are "at fault". A standard collision automobile insurance policy will pay for any repairs up to the fair market value of your car.


It is important to remember that this value can be significantly lower than the cost of replacing your vehicle (or your loan balance.) If your car is financed or leased, you will need gap insurance to reimburse you for the difference between what you owe and what the car is worth.

Collision coverage usually also comes with an insurance deductible. It's the amount of money you pay toward repairs before your collision insurance kicks in. The higher the deductible you're willing to pay, the less the collision policy will cost.

Collision insurance coverage is not required by law in any state. However, if you're driving a car purchased from a dealership or financed through a lender, you may be required by the dealership or lender to carry collision insurance. (And just to be sure, you should get gap insurance.)

Comprehensive Automobile Insurance is very similar to collision insurance, the main difference being that comprehensive covers damage caused to your vehicle caused by any unknown party or "act of God".

Vandalism, flood, hurricane, theft, and fire are all events usually covered by comprehensive automobile insurance. (But make sure to read your comprehensive insurance policy for exact coverage details.)

Like collision automobile insurance, comprehensive coverage will pay up to the fair market value of your car (less your insurance deductible.) And although it's not legally required by any state, you will probably need it if your car is financed.

Basic liability coverage

This is the single most important type of auto insurance coverage. Carrying too little auto accident liability can expose you to judgments and legal costs for years to come.

Most states require something like 50/100/25 in liability coverage. That's up to $50,000 coverage for any single person injured by you in an auto accident, and up to $100,000 for everyone injured. Not a lot of money for medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for pain and suffering. Delaware’s Minimum Coverage requirement is 15/30/10.

You should probably carry more.

Additional auto insurance coverage (anything you get over the minimum) gets cheaper as you buy more. This means that your premium goes up a little while your protection goes up a lot.

Pay special attention to bodily injury liability. It's easy to imagine the cost of personal injuries (plus pain and suffering and lost wages) totaling a million dollars from a somewhat serious accident.

The standard (the average, not the minimum) auto liability policy is 100/300, where the 300 stands for $300,000 in total bodily injury liability.

But we would recommend that you take out at least $300,000-$500,000 worth of personal injury liability, even if that means less property damage coverage.

Why? Because property damage from an accident won't be nearly as expensive as injuries can be. So the $25,000 worth of property damage liability coverage in our example policy is probably adequate (of course, you can be on the safe side with a little more).

Please contact us for more information

with  5 offices in Delaware located in Milford, Middletown, Dover, Wilmington and Georgetown - We've got you covered! We also work with individuals and businesses in Maryland and Pennsylvania!

First Name*:
Last Name*:
ZIP/Postal Code:
File Upload:
Office Location :